Re: [Icehouse] Martian Chess Tiebreaker?

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 10 Nov 2009 13:24:14 -0600
Andy Looney writes:
>That's an interesting question. But I think a better test is who has the
>most valuable set of pieces left on the board.

Loses?  I don't think it's an advantage to have more valulable pieces
left in MC -- the point of the game is more or less to hand your
opponent the most valuable pieces and make them choke on them.

Particularly in the 2 player game -- but multiplayer is still
fundamentally similar between highly skilled players.

>But I've never chosen an official tie-breaker rule for this game. I really
>ought to.

I'd probably give a tie to whomever went last.  Earlier players really
do have an advantage.  A stalemate rule might also be useful -- as
there are postions the game cannot be ended from without a blunder.

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'