[Icehouse] Welt der Türme

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 28 Nov 2009 16:14:27 -0500
BoardGameNews.com recently mentioned a new abstract strategy game
called Welt der Türme (World of the Towers):

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/comments/intellego_holzspiele_releases_welt_der_tuerme/

It looks like it would be easy to play this with Icehouse pieces: each
player has two large towers, two medium, and four small, with one
knight moving from tower to tower on an 8x8 board.  I couldn't find
the full rules on the maker's site, but there's a little bit more
detail in this press clipping:

http://www.intellego-holzspiele.de/Bilder/spielxpress-welt_der_tuerme.pdf

The goal is to get your knight to the other side of the board.  The
height of each tower determines how far the knight moves (1, 2, or 3
spaces in a straight line), but I'm not sure how to place and move the
towers.  It seems like a neat mechanism, though.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx