[Icehouse] NBaL rules question

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 28 Nov 2009 13:18:59 -0500
Hey Andy,

I tried out your new Icehouse game, Nothing Beats a Large, recently. It was just the kind of game that the three of us needed late at night.

However, we came up with a rules question. The last move of the game was when I won a challenge. I plucked the third and final red from my opponent's stash, and with it completed my second goal (Red). However, this was her last pyramid. This play triggered two rules at once:

1) By completing my second goal card, I triggered the win condition.

2) By running out of pyramids, she triggered the rule where she gets to take one pyramid from each player.

Depending on which rule resolves first, i may or may not have won. So which happens first, One or Two? I think I know what your answer will be, but I'd like to pose the question to you anyway. Hopefully you can incorporate your answer into the rules so that others don't have the same problem come up.

Hope your flight back from the Netherlands went well, and you were not parted from your luggage,

---Ryan "Cerulean" Hackel