Re: [Icehouse] Best of 2009 -- last push to get the finalists

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 17 Jun 2010 12:27:43 -0400
We should not include both Infiltrate and Stack Control, since they
are from the same designer.  This would not be fair to the others with
multiple entries, especially Erik Oosterwal, who had 4 respectable
entries.

For what it's worth, I'd asked my almost-12-year-old daughter, who had
also played all these games with me, to do her own ranking:

Quicksand
Behind Enemy Lines
Crosswalk
3-high
Stack Control
Apophis
Ziggurat
Dectana
Infiltrate

I'm surprised that she put Dectana that low; I'm sure she enjoyed it
more than that indicates.  As far as judging goes, I can see her age
being considered either a plus or a minus for our considerations.

I also emailed Ryan's friend Ben last night, to ask for his own
rankings; I haven't heard back yet.  Do you know what his preferences
were, Ryan?  Or Scott, do you have any gaming partners who could also
provide input?  Or anyone else?

I'm going to do some number crunching with what we have right now.
I'll be back.

Bryan

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Ryan Hackel <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All in favor of our finalists being Dectana, Infiltrate, Quicksand, and Stack Control?

>>> Quicksand
>>> Crosswalk