Re: [Icehouse] Aluminum Pyramids

  • FromRob Bryan <2short2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 20 Mar 2011 23:31:00 -0600

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rob B. wrote:
I did some backyard metal casting that will be of interest to the
piecenik crowd:

Awesome. Did you do this by making impressions with the pyramids,
or did you do "lost plastic" casting?

I made impressions with pyramids.  I was wanting to cast another thing, but if I'm bothering to run the furnace I want to have two molds to pour, so I fell back to my default answer as to what to make with a new fabrication technique.  My molding technique was super quick and primitive, hence the many sand inclusions corrupting the castings and/or achieving a cool aesthetic effect.

-Rob