[Icehouse] Big wiki change

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 24 Mar 2011 10:32:50 -0400
I propose a Big Change th the IceWiki:

        * Rename "games in development" as "community games". (Games actually in development can still be singled out with categories.)
        * Split the "Existing Games" page into two pages, "published games" and "award-winning games".
        * Move the Community Games subsection from "existing games" to the new "Community Games" page.
        * Update the navigation bar as appropriate.

Thist way we have the ever-helpful "what can I play", official LL games, and award-winners known to be good, while the community games (which always seem in perpetual playtest) have a page of their own, whether in development or not.

What does this address?  For years, I've gotten complaints that games aren't moving from "Games Under Development" to Existing Games.  Thus Existing Games has in practice been a static list of pyramid games as they existed in 2005, as dead as the SLICK they were imported from.  Meanwhile, What Can I Play has been constantly updated and is far more helpful.  Community games since 2005 keep piling up in Games Under Development.  My proposal eliminates the distinction between "complete" and "in development" community games, and addresses the frequent concerns that "existing games" and "games under development" pages are outdated and not helpful.

---Ryan, wiki admin