[Icehouse] Paging Brian Campbell...

  • From"Ryan Hackel" <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 10 Nov 2011 21:42:22 -0500
Brian,

It's time the IceWiki got serious about spam.  It is exhausting fighting 10 spam edits per day (http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Log/delete).  We've tried an external link blacklist, a whitelist, and have limited edits to registered users.  Now I insist that we go one step further.  Admins must approve new user accounts.  I don't know how to implement this, but I'm hoping you do.  If anybody else on this mailing list can teach me how to do this, I welcome your advice.

Your friendly neighborhood IceWiki admin,
---Ryan