[Rabbits] [Event] Sci Fi Summer 2005 by Amy LoCurto

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 13 Jun 2005 00:04:16 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Amy LoCurto has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Franny

========
Title: Sci Fi Summer  2005
Location: Atlanta Ga
Date: 6/10-12/05

Sci Fi Summer had a rocky shaping this year, as the head director is currently serving our counrty in Iraq.  But many other local directors all teamed up to make sure the event not only happened, but was an enjoyable event for all.
I started on Friday evening handing out experiment badges to anyone remotely near the gaming room.  It was a great way to meet new people and welcome them to gaming at the con.  All in all I think about 25 - 30 people particpated and most people earned at least 6 stickers.  I had origionally brought some other non LL games I wanted to play, but simply never got around to it, there was always someone wanting to play another game from LL.  I logged in about 20 hours total of game play over the three days and never once regretted how busy I was.  The Annual Fluxx Tourney was a huge success.  To win, you had to be the first person to accumulate three wins in the finals on Sunday afternoon.  It was hilarious to see the winner open Flowers and Fluxx, toss the deck to another player (the winner already had a deck),  pass out the flowers to others around him, then with a huge smile remove and add to his own deck the Flower Keeper.  He just wanted the card!
I also for the first time ever had four full stashes of Giant Mids to play with, so I dragged them out to the center of the lobby and had a great time turning passerbys into players.
I had a wonderful time teaching new games to people and playing old favorites with others, and the prize support was so much fun for the players,  Coordinating with the game stores proved a great idea all around (they sold out of a few items AND their employees learned hoew to play about half the product line!)
Whoo Hoo for small local cons!  Whoo hoo for Looney Labs!