[Rabbits] [Event] Dragon Con 2005 by Jen Breland

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 7 Sep 2005 18:26:48 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Jen Breland has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Jenarra

========
Title: Dragon Con 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Date: Sept 2-5 2005

I came in a night early, on September 1, and ran an initial evening of AYAW to refresh my memory, and to introduce thirty-odd new players to the game.  It just happened that I ran into another 3 fans (Brad, Brandy and David) of AYAW, and we all sat up until the wee hours discussing new iterations we'd run into, new ways to keep crowd interest, and training new rabbits to run the game.

On Friday and Sunday nights, I ran AYAW for about 3 hours each night, before my voice gave out.  On Saturday, I was sick, and had to take the night off. :-p

Sunday night, there was a young girl (not affiliated with LL) running 30+ person villages, much to the LL Rabbits' dismay.  She was taking up so much room, we couldn't run more than one village at a time.  Even though Kristin had already asked her to cease the uubervillage, and I had asked her as well, it wasn't until we scouted out the lower levels for somewhere to send her, and pulled Russell into the mix, that she finally left and took her uubervillage with her.

In finally getting her to leave, we were able to get FIVE villages running at once, and sometimes, SIX!!!  It was amazing to watch, as the dead rose and moved into the next village, only to jump right into a new conspiracy. :)  We introduced many new players to the game, and had newbies running their own villages before the evening was over. :D

This year was great! I learned to play fluxx, and participated in the giganto-fluxx circle as well.  I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone, and can't wait to see you all again next year!!