[Rabbits] [Event] Dave's Dragon*Con 2005 Report by Dave Churvis

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 13 Sep 2005 01:34:52 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Dave Churvis has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=atomicdave

========
Title: Dave's Dragon*Con 2005 Report
Location: Dragon*Con, Atlanta GA
Date: September 2-5, 2005

This was my first official event as a Demo Rabbit, and it was a lot of fun.  I'm particularly happy that there were so many new players we encountered - even though almost everyone had played Fluxx before, most people learned at least one new game.

The highlights of the event (for me at least) were helping the other David run the Giant Icetowers demos (which had at least 15 new players during the time I was out there) and running Nanofictionary.  We had enough players at one point that our allocated tables were entirely taken up; I took a bunch of new players to a temporarily vacant table and taught Nanofictionary.  We had a lot of fun roping in jurors from people who were just passing by.

I would also like to say that I had fun learning Aquachicken from Kristin, Russell, and Lisa... we played a game of that later on that was interesting to say the least.

There was also a game of Zendo where we ended up taking so many turns that we ran out of stones... I ended up supplementing them with colored dice that I carry with me.

Overall it was a very fun weekend, and I spent almost all of my time in the gaming room, especially on Sunday.  Thanks go to Looney Labs for creating such great games :D