RE: [Rabbits] Rabbit requested in Miami, FL

  • From"lisa" <neysalmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 31 Oct 2005 16:18:28 -0500
Hi all!

Unfortunately, although I am in south Florida, I'm not anywhere near Miami
to do a demo :(

I'm in Broward County (just north of Miami-Dade County) & the storm went
right through here! Worst storm Broward has had in over 50 years!!!
We came through pretty good. Lost power for 5 days, but finally got it back!
Yay!
We were lucky enough to get a generator the day after the storm (trust me,
there weren't a lot around here) but we couldn't get gas for it for another
day!! We ended up driving 1 1/2 hours north of us in order to get gas!

Our house had minimal damage. We only lost some branches off of one tree.
Across the street from us, 3 houses in a row had huge trees just torn from
the ground, so we got very lucky.

Most streets still don't have lights, so everyone has had to figure out how
to make 6 lane intersections into 4-way stops :) There's been a few
near-misses, but no major accidents.

All in all, I consider myself very lucky to have gotten through the storm so
easily. I know a lot of people are way worse off than we are.

lisa