[Rabbits] Rapid Rabbit Help!!!

  • FromPeter Marchetto <pmm4@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 05 Dec 2005 22:57:39 -0500
Dear Fellow Rabbits,

The time has come, the petmar said,
To talk of many things.
Of hurricanes, and two-by-fours,
Of devastation storms bring.
And why the streets are filled with mud
And whether choirs still sing.

"O, Rabbits, come and walk with us!"
The petmar did beseech.
"Give us things to help those here,
Upon this Gulf Coast beach.
I'm sure you've enough to help us all,
A little bit from each."

Okay, in case you haven't gotten the drift yet, I'm leading a group of people from my area (Northern New Jersey) on a two week trip to the New Orleans general area to help Emergency Communities (http:// www.emergencycommunities.org/) with their new aid effort. We're going in early January. What I want to know is if you have anything that you might want to send along with us. The main things that are needed are:
-Tents
-Sleeping Bags
-Blankets
-Warm Clothing
-Warm Footwear
-Jackets and Coats
Every little bit helps. I will be hand-delivering these things on- site to EC, and helping with the distribution to people who are in need. If you feel inclined to donate, or want more information on how to help with the aftermath of Katrina and Rita, contact me. FEMA and the Red Cross can't do everything: they're just fine for immediate emergency response, but neither organization can do much for a long- term cleanup. They're just not designed for it. Remember, after Camille hit in 1969, New Orleans took 18 years to rebuild. Katrina and Rita did much more damage over a much wider area. I also have a pre-formatted letter for soliciting donations from companies or stores that you think might be willing to help.
	Thank you in advance for your time, and your good will.

Regards,
Peter Marchetto

PETer MARchetto == petmar

"... there is an increasing frontier of ignorance..." -- Richard P. Feynman