[Rabbits] Standing Down as Rabbit Coordinator

  • FromRussell Grieshop <grieshop@xxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 09 Dec 2005 15:56:31 -0500
Dear Mad Lab Rabbits;

If you haven't already heard (see http://www.wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2005/WN.12.08.05.html), I recently resigned my role as the Rabbit Coordinator for Looney Labs. I'm standing down.

This has been a very tough decision for me. I've considered myself extremely fortunate to have been of service to this community. I've worked very hard in my role as the Rabbit Coordinator, and most of the energy I've put into this has been because of how deeply I care about our community, and how much I want to help all of us have fun.

I know the most important part of all of this is that I've gotten to know so many of you, and so many of you have become friends that I know I'll have for life. For those of you I never got to meet, I'm sure our paths will cross one day, and I look forward to making connections with you in person.

When I began this role, I was deeply touched by the incredibly enthusiasm, playfulness, generosity, and love that exists in our community. I felt like I'd won the "Golden Ticket". Every convention I've attended has reinforced how wonderful you all are.

Although I'm not going to be the Rabbit Coordinator any more, I am going to continue to be a Rabbit. I look forward to seeing you all at any conventions I attend, and as I continue to travel, I'll try to seek you out if I find myself in your area.

In addition, this experience has tremendously enhanced my awareness of the game industry, and my passion for games and for play has been amplified. I know I'll be around, and certainly looking for ways to put my intelligence and creativity and energy towards promoting games in our culture.

I'm a frequent lurker at <http://www.boardgamegeek.com>http://www.boardgamegeek.com - my handle there is Werebear. I do have an account on <http://www.superdupergames.org>http://www.superdupergames.org - and if you let me know, I'll be happy to play a game with any of you there. My personal email address of long standing - "grieshop - AT - ij.net" - is about to change - my new email address is: "russell - AT - peacefullcreations.com" - (two l's, just like my name?)? I also will continue to subscribe to the mailing lists, so I'll be reading along here, as well.

Thank you all for your time and energy, but most importantly, for your friendship!

Love and hugs to you all!

Russell