[Rabbits] [Event] Nanocon Mini Experiment by Darrel Hutchins

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 3 Dec 2005 17:53:08 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Darrel Hutchins has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Dragon7398

========
Title: Nanocon Mini Experiment
Location: Nanocon, Madison, SD
Date: November 5th

We had an event at Nanocon, a convention at Dakota State University--and what better at Nanocon than to run a Mini Experiment?  The day was a marathon day, with the experiment running from 8 AM until about 8 PM, 12 hours of potential gaming.  During such a time, 9 flowers were distributed, as well as 6 Stars, with 15 players playing (everyone playing until they got a prize.)  The majority of players were either new, or had learned through Thursday gaming nights at DSU.

The most popular games were Fluxx and Early American Chrononauts, with every person playing at least one or the other.  Aquarius also went over well.  We didn't have enough people to play Werewolf (or a closed enough space) or Nanofictionary, and there simply wasn't any interest in Icetowers (the real-time aspect scared a few of the potential players.)

For a small con that got about 70 people over the course of two days, and with events that had some people involved all day long, I consider the event a success--especially for my first attempt.  And hopefully, next year's experiment will be as much of a success.