Re: [Rabbits] Pocket-sized chess set?

  • FromKarl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 25 Jun 2006 08:53:00 -0400

On Jun 25, 2006, at 12:33 AM, DataPacRat wrote:

My brother likes wearing bandannas, and likes Chess - so, for his
birthday (Jul 24), I've ordered him the Chessboard Bandanna, from
http://www.warehouse23.com/item.cgi?LAB018 .

Now, it's hard to play chess without chess pieces, so to make his
present even better, I'm hoping to find some sort of pocket-sized
chess set. The only ones I've been able to find online are the
magnetic boards, which kind of defeat the purpose of the bandanna.
Ideally, something the size of a credit card or two, or would
otherwise fit inside a wallet, would be perfect; maybe even something
based on those new pop-open-and-assemble cards (ala that pirate CCG).

I've never seen a chess set *that* tiny, but I do have this set, which is about the size of a checkbook, and thus can easily be carried around in one's pocket: http://www.chesshouse.com/Ultimate_Magnetic_Chess_Checkbook_size_p/ e101.htm

--
                Karl von Laudermann
                karlvonl@xxxxxxx