Re: [Rabbits] {Rabbits} Giant Pyramids

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 06 Sep 2006 13:57:38 +0000
From: Kristin <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I am actively working on making more...
> ... just not sure how long it is going to take.
>
> We are going to make it as a commercial for retail sale product,
> as a Giant Treehouse set - Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, and White.
>
> (plus a 2nd sku with 15 pyramids all white, for fans to color)
>
> How much do you think we can charge for a Giant Treehouse set?

If one of those big hard foam dice* is included too, well then toss another $5 or so on top of the old $22 price for a single stash.  I'd definitely pay $28 for a Giant Treehouse set.  Without the die though the pyramids aren't as useful.  Could you make a cardboard (or corregated plastic or whatever) die?  It shouldn't be too hard at all to design a cut-and-fold / tab-A-in-slot-B 8x die that is at least basically fair.**

What's my upper limit?  Would I pay, say, $32 for Giant Treehouse?  If it came a solid die, yes; a cut-and-fold die, maybe.  $40?  Probably not, even with a solid die.

Ryan

* Perhaps this discussion of 8x Treehouse sets would be a reasonable place for me to retiterate my request to include the numbers 1-6 on the dice as well.  You get enough Giant Treehouse sets together (with the included dice) and you can play Blockade or Martian Backgammon (or Martian Race, if I may be so bold).

** Use three rectangles that are basically 8"x16".  Surround each rectangle with alternating tabs edges and slot edges (three of each).  Those should fit together nicely into a d6.  Why, you might be asking, wouldn't you use two 8x24" reactangles (fit together like a baseball)?  With the die put together like that, two of the face would have only two heavy slot-and-tab edges while the other four sides have three heavy edges each.  By using three 8x16's, all six sides have three heavy slot-and-tab edges.  And don't even get me started on the classic cross pattern for folding a cube.