Re: [Rabbits] Giant Pyramids

  • From"Billy Brahma" <billybrahma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 07 Sep 2006 10:08:29 -0400

Eeyore,

David does get it... He's willing to ride a bike and pull a trailer full of Giant Mids through Downtown Atlanta to get a set to a show. Thats about as safe as it sounds.. Luxury item that is by definition..

I think his point is more along the lines of.. Its hard to get someone to part with 100 dollars on something thats really a part time concern. I can play every Icehouse game with what I have (15 stashes). I am very unlikely ever to pick up Giant Mids. A high price will guarantee that not help change my mind.

Course having David and Amy who are local to almost every event with them already is a motivator to that " no " response too.

Robert Bunn

From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
To: Rabbits Discussion List <rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] Giant Pyramids
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 07:16:22 -0400

David Tyberg wrote:
I dunno about that.  $30-$40 strikes me as a bit prohibitive.  At $40 a
stash, you're talking $120 to play Giant Ice Towers and $240 for enough
stashes to play Giant Volcano.

You're not grasping the reality of the curent situation. Treehouse is the
center of the Icehouse world right now. Before, you needed to collect
several stashes before you could even start. Now, buying *one* giant set
gets you a complete game. A single purchase entertains four people
instead of each person having to buy their own stash or one person having
to buy multiple stashes.

A price like that makes them quite a luxury item.

The giant pieces have always been a luxury item.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans                              eeyore@xxxxxxxx