vis a vis this my last post to the rabbits list was being composed as this arrived but I knew better anyway. My apologies.
Carlton "Kermit" Noles
"Joy Multiplies when it is shared among friends but grief diminishes at every division. That is life"
Want your own GMail Account?
Ask Me for an invite.
On 9/8/06, Robin Vinopal <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Rabbits Discussion list is an unmoderated listserv. We want it to be a happy place. Because of the recent postings, we at Looney Labs have felt it necessary to communicate the following list guidelines.
What topics are appropriate for the Rabbits Mailing List?
* Constructive discussions of Looney Labs games
* Planning, organizing, and attending events
* Demo'ing and demo'ing techniques
* How to start a game group/warren
* ....and other clearly Rabbit related topics
What is inappropriate behavior?
In order to maintain the Rabbit mailing list as a happy place, everyone is asked to refrain from insulting behavior, profanity, vulgarity, derogatory/defamatory/abusive/threatening/offensive remarks, blatant advertising for personal or corporate services, personal attacks, any form of harassment to members, disregard of members' privacy, or any illegal remarks. Looney Labs will inform anyone who is in violation in a personal email message and will ask him/her to refrain from any further egregious behaviors.
Flaming is not tolerated. A "flame" is an emotionally charged posting that may be seen as personally insulting or derogatory.
Looney Labs insists that there will be NO FLAMING, EVER. Strong opinions, healthy disagreement and civil discussion are welcome, but flaming will not be tolerated. Offenders will be warned by Looney Labs and possibly put into moderation mode, and repeat offenses will result in the offender being removed from the list.
What is general list etiquette?
* Keep your questions and comments relevant to the focus of the discussion group (on-topic).
* Remember that these discussions are "public" and meant for constructive exchanges.
* Be professional and respectful about what you say about other people (watch your manners).
* Be careful about the use of sarcasm and humor as these can be hard to convey in email. Humor can be too subtle and your joke may be viewed as criticism.
* Do not flame minor errors like typos or grammar.
* Reduce quoting and keep signatures lines to a reasonable length.
* Do not ask for technical help such as list removal or email address changes to the list. Email the list administrator for assistance (see contact info below).
* Don't send "Me Too!", "Thank You", etc. messages to the group! Send those out to the individuals email address directly. A private "Thank You" is nicer too!
Who do I contact?
- For administrative requests: Contact the listserv administrator at either Rabbits-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- For problems or questions relating to the mailing list: Contact Robin Vinopal at robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- For on-topic questions and help: Contact Josh Drobina, Rabbit Coordinator, at josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* General list information page: http://lists.looneylabs.com/mailman/listinfo/
* Rabbits Archives: http://lists.looneylabs.com/pipermail/rabbits/
Director of Operations
Phone: 301-441-1019 Fax: 301-441-4871
P.O. Box 761, College Park, MD 20741
Rabbits mailing list