Re: [Rabbits] Use of language

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 8 Sep 2006 12:08:08 -0400
Thank you Eeyore,

I was just going to mention something along the same lines. Only the offendee determines whether or not they are offended. Sometimes you cannot help offending someone. If or perhaps when I meet Eeyore or Billy or in fact any rabbit (or anyone else ) for the first time my knowledge of them would be very limited and I could easily offend unintentionally. And yes as mentioned elsewhere some folks are rather thin skinned. So what. If someone tells me they were offended I apologise and move on. If someone offends me I tell them.<hair splitting> I expect an apology in that circumstance. I do not however feel I am entitled to one. Small difference I know. I guess I mean by this is that it is polite to apologize when someone tells you they were offended but no one has to do anything thay do not want to.</hair splitting> So in my case I wouldn't get in your face or anything else if you  offended me and didn't apologise when I told you so. I would go about my business, form an opinion about you and likely treat you accordingly until I see evidence that I should do otherwise. In short only you know what offends you. How you react to offending or being offended is up to you and is the one thing you have completete control of. As for offending others , if you wish can reduce the odds of that happening.

just my $.02

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles