[Rabbits] They loved it

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 30 Nov 2006 15:26:25 -0600
On 11/30/06, Kimberly Terrill <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you have then offset if you hop?
Like..Hmm, how to explain.. OK... You move the green coaster above the red,
but it is not lined up. The the bottom right square is above the top red
square . I do not think so, but my 13 yr old is trying to tell me it should
be legal as they ARE touching and no where does it say coasters have to
evenly lined up.

You mean like this?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/timotab/310537993/

Not something I'd considered as an option, but your son is right, it's
not in the rules that you can't do that.

My personal feeling is that yes you should allow it, with the proviso
that there's an arrow pointing both ways. (So, my set up in that
picture would be legal, but rotating the red coaster clockwise a
quarter turn would be illegal, as that would mean there's no arrow
from the red back to the yellow)  That keeps the spirit of the "no
isolated coasters" rule, in that you only need movement points to get
home, without having to roll a specific thing on the TreeHouse die.

However, I guess the final call is the designer's :)

Timothy