[Rabbits] [Event] National Games Week Game Day by Jim Dunaway

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 26 Nov 2006 01:08:12 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Jim Dunaway has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=jd4556

========
Title: National Games Week Game Day
Location: Alterniverse
Date: 11/25/06

I started the day out with a rousing game of MegaFluxx (Fluxx, EcoFluxx, Family Fluxx, Christian Fluxx, Jewish Fluxx, and all my Fluxx promo cards mixed into one huge deck). One of the players asked me about getting a copy of Christian Fluxx and will be asking the store owner to order a copy for him.

After MegaFluxx, I taught 3 new people how to play Treehouse, all of whom played several games and enjoyed Treehouse immensely.

I followed up Treehouse with Martian Coasters, teaching it to 4 new people, who are now awaiting the arrival of the Crazy Good Martian Coasters.

Lastly, I ran Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot tournament (created by Jeff Bellinger and published by Playroom Entertainment). The lucky winner of that tournament walked away with a copy of Are You A Werewolf? and the Werewolf Etiquette card.

In order to draw attention to my events (which I spent about 2 months planning), I purchased a new (not the same one I borrowed for NonCon last year, but a new, 64-color model) electronic sign which, with permission of the store owner (who had originally approached me at a local convention 2 years ago about becoming a Looney Labs retailer) placed it in such a place where it was the first thing people saw when they walked into the store.

All-in-all, I'd say it was one of the most successful events I have run since I became a demo rabbit.