[Rabbits] Kids and 'Mids

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 8 Jan 2007 17:26:11 -0500
I taught treehouse to a friend of mine. Her 4 yr old boy came over to see what we were doing. Knowing him, I knew the Treehouse game would be a bit beyond his grasp  for the time I had to play and teach him. So I let him pick his favorite color (he choose the Cyan) and I choose orange.  After putting our pieces in the tree formation he had to cover his eyes (which he could barely do- he was too excited). I rearranged my 3 pieces and then he opend his eyes and copied it with his peices. After he knew what we were doing I added a nest  (so he had 2 nest each). And he had to copy not only the layout but color placement (but of course we were using different colors so my purple was his cyan and my white was his orange). And after he copied what I built I closed my eyes and he made an arrangement for me to copy. He had a lot of fun. Then his sister came ove (she is 6) and he taught her the game. The 4 yr old really loved playing. He really liked making the arrangement for me to copy! I think I might buy a stash and mail it to him with a card. (and send a Happy Flower to his sister). And it was neat becasue his dad was there and I could tell his dad didn't think he could do it. His dad kept trying to tell him how to do- but the boy had already gotten it. I think that made little Sam feel very good, too.

My 10 and 13 yr old taught Treehouse to a boy at church. We were all sitting around the little cafe part and there was boy (about 15) all alone and looking bored. So I gave them a Treehouse Stash and told them to inivite him to play. It was a great ice breaker and they learned it's okay to ask 'the new kid' to join them and they got practice in being friendly. (the boy was just visiting and his parent was in the service or something- but he was just waiting- he seemed so happy to be asked to play)

--Kimberly (yes, we have a little coffee shop inside our church- just incase you thought you read wrong)