Re: [Rabbits] zendo tournament?

  • From"David Joslyn" <david.joslyn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 9 Mar 2007 12:33:36 -0500
Depends on three things:
  1. The difficulty of the koan
  2. The craftiness of the master in constructing botht he example(s) & counter-example(s)
  3. The perceptiveness/inuition of the students
I've played in games wherein it took hours for someone to guess the rule.  And the rule always turned out to be a simple one.

Also, in my expirience, a Zendo game is limited not so much by the number of players, but more by the availability of pieces.  More pieces mean more examples (and counter-examples) can remain on the table, aiding the student in her quest for "enlightenment".

~David Joslyn, Blab Rabbit