[Rabbits] [Event] Gamer Ground Evening! by Timothy Hunt

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 1 Apr 2007 00:34:56 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Timothy Hunt has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=timotab

========
Title: Gamer Ground Evening!
Location: Gamer Ground, st louis mo
Date: 3/30/2007

Another new game store in town, and it's less than a mile from my home!  How could I resist?  I talked to the owners, Casey and Kim, and they said it would be a great idea.  In addition to myself, Di, Keith, Melissa and Ryan were on hand to help.  We even brought cookies and fudge!  Yum!

The rabbits mentioned the event to people we knew, the store owners told all sorts of people, and advertised it on a couple of websites, and I think we had somewhere around 35-40 people show up, and we got pretty busy, occasionally having to demo a game to a larger group, and then split into smaller groups to actually play it while overseeing them.

Games played included:
AYAW?, Fluxx, Chrononauts, Aquarius, Nanofictionary, TreeHouse, Martian Coasters, Ice Towers, Volcano, Tic Tac Doh, Thin Ice, Zendo,

Quite a lot of promo cards were given out, to around 25 people, and about 5 of those got a second card for reaching 9+ games!  A copy of Fluxx 3.0 was given out at one of the AYAW? sessions too.

The owners seemed very happy with the event, and I know they got quite a few sales, and had to take orders for Aquarius, because that turned out to be quite popular, but their distributors were out of stock, so they didn't have any in.  But it's a good excuse to get people back into the store :)

I think everyone had a good time, and I often heard "Let's play that again!" which is always a good sign.

Lastly, my wife turned to me afterwards and said "Do we have Aquarius?"
"No," I replied.
"Well, we should."
"OK honey, if you insist..."  *grins gleefully*