Re: [Rabbits] Big Changes in Rabbit Support - GENCON

  • FromKristin Looney <rabbit-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 03 Jul 2007 08:00:27 -0400
--On July 2, 2007 Chris Kice <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One question - I know the folks working Origins are still getting points,
but does that apply to those of us working GenCon, too?  I'm just curious
because I'll wait to redeem and just make one purchase to save on
shipping.

Hi Chris!  (and all the other GenCon Rabbits)

We are not anticipating a lot of official Rabbit activity at GenCon,
as we are only running a booth during the day, and Andy vs Everyone
in the evening - there is no Rabbit 'Lab' this year at GenCon - so
we are not going to be giving out points for GenCon.  Sorry.

We do hope to get to hang out with our GenCon Rabbits - please come
play in Andy vs Everyone and visit us in the booth!  If you came to
the booth and offered to spell someone for an hour so one of us
could take a break - we probably would jump at the chance - but we
are not scheduling any Rabbits to work the booth at GenCon.

That said...  if the GenCon Rabbits want to organize themselves in
some way to do something else - the spot of GenCon Rabbit Coordinator
is open: <http://rabbits.continuation.org/wiki/Rabbit_Coordinators>
and the GenCon planning list still exists if you want to use it:

Sorry...  it makes us VERY sad too, but we don't have the bandwidth
to organize something bigger than the booth for this show.

I'm sad to see the Rabbit system go, but understand the changes.  I'm
most saddened by Carol's role with LL ending!

I will second that one - Carol is AWESOME - we are so going to miss
having her on staff helping us run things officially.  But she will
be a friend and supporter forever... which brings me great joy.

Hopefully, this new, sleeker Looney Labs will be able to fly even higher.

Thanks Chris!  Change is good...  I am certain that our fan program
will emerge from the other side of all this bigger and better than
ever.  We will bring back a reward program...  I just can't design
and build it while continuing to struggle to run the old system.
Yes, this means we will have more blabbing and less actual demos
going on for a while...   but - that is ok.

Thank you everyone for your support and understanding on all this!

-Kristin