[Rabbits] HOLD THE PHONE: Clarification Needed

  • From"William M. Reed" <wreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 16 Sep 2007 18:15:29 -0400
Something in the message by Nimrod Jones troubled me:  He mentions me, William Reed, in the same sentence as fake emails and questions whether or not I work at the school and legal action.  To be honest Mr. Jones, I really lost track of what you were trying to write.  Something about the way you put that sentence together seemed to imply to me that you think I'm the troll.  Let me clarify MY place in all this.

1.  I work for a Catholic school.
2.  I did not write the letter saying how dangerous Looney Labs is.  _I_ am not trolling anything.
3.  I wanted to warn Rabbits that John McCarty would be able to get their personal email addresses easily if they responded to him, and that he didn't necessarily have them yet.  I meant to suggest they should not reply to him.
4.  I disagree with John McCarty's reasoning.

If you or someone else got the idea that _I_ am behind all this, please let me assure you that I am not.  I've been a Looney Labs customer and supporter since before plastic pyramids.  If I misunderstood your comments Mr. Jones, then my apologies.

Sincerely,

William M. Reed

Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:55:41 +0100
From: "Nimrod Jones" <nimrod@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] WARNING CORRECTION

Hahahaha! Trolls make me laugh. This one is so Jack Chick. Of course, in
all seriousness, there's no point trying to reason with people like
this. Don't respond, don't get riled, but if there *is* a way for Looney
Labs to take legal action (assuming the email is not faked and William
Reed really did send this email - and yes, because I is a geek, I
checked and there is a William Reed listed as part of the school's
faculty) then I'm sure they'd look at taking it. (In truth, people like
these are often best ignored unless they're starting a serious campaign
against LL or they're actually damaging sales.)

Either way he's still a troll and really hasn't quite got the concept of
games in his head. I mean, should we stop children playing with regular
playing cards because, I mean, with the same deck with which you can
play games like Snap and Fish you can play gambling games like Poker and
Black Jack! Dear gods! Playing cards are corrupting our young! Off with
the head of the Queen of Hearts!

William M. Reed
St. Joseph Montessori School
933 Hamlet St.