[Rabbits] Fwd: philosophooey (Was WARNING CORRECTION)

  • From"Cece Thomas" <sagefire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 17 Sep 2007 13:37:46 -0600
philosophooey:
  1. Investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on illogical reasoning rather than logical or even empirical methods.
  2. System of thought based on or involving such inquiry that turns out to be completely bogus.
  3. The critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs that is based on falsehoods rather than fact.
  4. The discipline that just misses comprising of logic, ethics, aesthetics, metaphysics, and epistemology.
(That was fun - I like this new word. Thanks Dennis!)

-=Cece

On 9/17/07, Dennis Duquette <dennisdduquette@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
--- Kimberly Terrill < kiter5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are just so many holes in this 'if yu use Eco
> FLuxx, you will be
> responsible for the child that ends up on Pot becuase
> playing Eco FLuxx
> taught them to play Stoner Fluxx and they then went out
> and purchased the
> substance" philosophey.

I read that last word as "philosophooey" initially (I type
faster than I think most the time, too). I like the
neologism "philosophooey" to summarize the troll's
position.

Dennis D Duquette

--
~~~~~
Our lives are stories, and the stories we have to give to each other are the most important. No one has a story too small and all are of equal stature. We each tell them in different ways, through different mediums-and if we care about each other, we'll take the time to listen."