[Rabbits] More UK conventions in Midlands region, May 2008

  • FromJennifer Waddington <very_evil_kitten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 10 Apr 2008 15:24:48 +0100
Two of my local(ish) conventions who have been welcoming to Rabbits before are being welcoming again! I will be attending both, if anyone else is interested please let me know. I'm out of crash space for UK Games Expo in Birmingham, but currently do not have floor space booked for Beer and Pretzels.

The first one is Beer & Pretzels, in Burton-on-Trent (the organisers provide bags of pretzels to gaming tables, but if you want beer you buy it at the bar or nip down the road to the brewery) on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th May, in the Burton-on-Trent Town Hall. The event organisers have given us a nice big table 'in our usual spot' (everyone has to walk past us at some stage, either to game or get food/drink).
The website is http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/bnpdetails.php

The second one is UK Games Expo, held over the May 31st - June 1st weekend at the Clarendon Suites (part of a close-to-city centre hotel complex), Birmingham. They have had a table reserved for us since 5 minutes after the end of last year's convention, and are very accommodating. While I frankly don't rate the on-site catering that highly, I am organising an expedition to a local very good Chinese restaurant (so good that Chinese people eat there) on the Saturday night, so if you fancy attending the convention, let me know if you're up for this as I need to book for a large group.
There is a fair amount of ickle kiddies at this convention but if last year is anything to go by, the parents are good at crowd control. Just no Stoner Fluxx.
The website is http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/

Hopefully cookies will be available at both.

Jennifer

Get fish-slapping on Messenger Play now!