Re: [Rabbits] so quiet

  • From"Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 1 Jul 2008 18:10:56 -0400
Thanks, Eeyore, as ever, for a well written review.

It upsets me that as a full-time summer camp professional, I'm never going to get to compete at Origins. I was struck during the one Con where I did get to play with somewhat experienced opponents how well the game actually plays, and how different it is to anything else out there. Also enjoyed the feeling that I wasn't out of my depth . . .

*sigh*

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Rabbits Discussion List" <rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] so quiet

Avri Klemer wrote:
But I am looking forward to hearing more details about the International Icehouse Tournament!

More details, now available here -

http://www.ee0r.com/icehouse/tourneya2.html

Wish I had more specific stuff in there, but my memory of game specifics
fades very quickly.

I remember calling Icehouse in game (I think) 9 and having it be invalid
because one of the defenders of the person I thought I was calling it on
was not actually iced. The attacker we all thought was icing it actually
missed the defender and pointed at another attacker.

I remember deciding to ice all Phil's remaining defenders and put him in
the Icehouse, but by the time I was finished throwing pieces into attacks,
I didn't have enough time or firepower to save things. Then he got a
prisoner and started squandering my attacks. I was pretty lucky to even
share that win, really.

I remember ending game three of the finals with six of my own points on
my stash pad. I remember crashing the only prisoner I had all game and
being unable to save my iced defenders while basically everybody else
had a prisoner or two.

I remember a couple of times having to speed play a bunch of pieces near
the end of the game to make somebody's prisoner their last piece and
lock out any restructuring. Watching people try to figure out whether to
use their last prisoner to ice something, squander something, both, or
be squandered was always amusing.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx