[Rabbits] Play, Spirit, + Character

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 8 Jul 2009 06:47:46 -0400
Here's something I found that I think most Rabbits would enjoy:

Last Sunday morning I was awakened by a radio program about the value
of play.  Public Radio's program "Speaking of Faith", hosted by Krista
Tippett, is a wonderful, eclectic examination of topics on religion,
science, philosophy, and ethics.  She is non-dogmatic, and explores
topics with her guests with curiosity and empathy.  [For those in the
DC area, it's on WAMU, 88.5 FM, at 7am Sundays.]

This particular program hosted Dr. Stuart Brown, the founder and
president of the National Institute for Play.  He became obsessed with
the value of play when he discovered that for several mass murderers
he studied, none of them had play in their lives.  In this interview
he discusses the benefits of play, among animal species as well as at
all ages of human development.

Here's the link: http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/2009/play/ .

Bryan