Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Seating for Gamers

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateFri, 20 Oct 2006 13:33:05 +0000

Instead of Scrabble tiles, you could make them like Zarcana tiles (http://www.eblong.com/zarf/arcana-pieces.html).  Of course they have more uses than just Zarcana/Gnostica.  You could use them for a nice lounge-sized game of Homeworlds.  Indeed, any Icehouse game that doesn't rely on the size and shape of pyramids (Icehouse, Zendo, IceTowers) could be played with these fellas.

Each one of the pillows is, what, 16" square?   How long would it take you to hook a nice 80 or 90-odd inch square shag rug Volcano board?  It might be a tad difficult to stack a half-dozen or more pillows in one square for game of Volcano.  (Besides that would required 80 pillows).  But Martian Backgammon might be doable.

Ryan

-------------- Original message from "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>: --------------