Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Anyone here remember ZZT?

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 22 Feb 2008 09:00:32 -0500
On Feb 20, 2008, at 4:18 PM, Nick Lamicela wrote:

Remember ZZT? I know it's not looney related, but it's been dying out lately and I wanted to see how many people even knew it existed. I enjoy ZZT for the same reason I enjoy many Looney games: It's about doing cool stuff with simple tools.

I loved Rogue, but I've never heard of ZZT.

Has anyone here heard of ZZT before, or know a better alternative?

There is an open source game called Tyrant: The Adventure that did recapture that Rogue fun for me. Check it out: http:// sourceforge.net/projects/tyrant/

As you can see, the head developer has stopped development, but despite it being listed as alpha, it is completely playable and quite fun.

Topher