Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

[Something] Patient denied liver transplant for taking prescribed medication

  • FromNick Moffitt <nick@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 11 May 2008 21:13:10 +0100
You know, I signed up for this list for all the ludomatronic
side-conversations and generally friendly nerd-vibes (and the avocado
sandwich recipes!).  But when I read this article, this list was the
first place that sprang to mind:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004387955_webmarijuanadeath02m.html
> A musician who was denied a liver transplant because he used marijuana
> with medical approval under Washington state law to ease the symptoms
> of advanced hepatitis C died Thursday.

Going a little further down this path, I find...

Exhibit A:

	Second largest association of physicians and medical
	practitioners express medical judgement reached by a process of
	consensus totalling zillions of work-hours of experience in the
	medical field:
		http://www.naturalnews.com/023172.html

Exhibit B:

	White house administration with a maximum of seven years
	experience in cutting taxes while dramatically increasing
	spending on foreign wars says "NO UR RONG LOL":
		http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hKEIHiNPWqU4UFeWtHY4Tru2_K-wD90IFGJ80

--
"N'aimez pas votre voiture?                           Nick Moffitt
Alor, l'heure est arrive pour la brulé!"             nick@xxxxxxxx