Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] WizKids - Rest in Pieces

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 13 Nov 2008 07:47:13 -0800
a couple yrs ago Wizkids made some bad decisions and my kids have been following along the story of how it's been going. We were friends with the gameshop owner in town who explained a lot of it to my kids. So they have had some good discussions about running a business (or ruining it). I'll have to let them read this. thanks.

--Kimberly
                            my homeschool blog: http://kabersblog.blogspot.com

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 6:17 AM, Elliott C. Evans <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://sfscope.com/2008/11/topps-is-closing-wizkids-immed.html
> Glenn Haumann reports that the Topps Company is shutting down
> WizKids, its "core hobby gaming business, and temporarily
> discontinuing the WizKids product lines."

Topps will probably wind up selling WizKids to somebody else
(my money is on Hasborg, of course), but what boggles my mind
is why they'd just close it rather than selling it as an
operating business.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx