Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

[Chrononauts] Re: Time Wars of the 24th Century

  • From"Dim Bulb" <dimbulb@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 30 Mar 2006 22:14:12 -0500
> Speaking of futuristic timelines, I'm working on a version of Chrono. that
> is set in the distant future of the 24th century.  In it, humans have
> already colonized Mars, Venus, Luna (that's the moon), as well as the moons
> of Jupiter and Saturn.  All the nations of the Earth are at peace with each
> other and function together as a single sovergn nation.  But that's not to
> say that there's no war in the future.  There is a Great Solar War between
> Earth, Mars, Venus, and Saturn (Jupiter is neutral).  The timeline consists
> of great advances in science, like human cloning and artifical humanity, as
> well as some colorful characters.

Sounds like it could be interesting--and has the advantage that it won't be quickly obsoleted like the early-21st-century versions that have been proposed a few times.  The Chrononauts themes could probably be more easily optimised for good gameplay if you didn't have to stick to the restrictions of vaguely resembling reality, so *some* sort of future timeline seems ideal.  Make sure there are complications like the original Chrono. has and EAC lacks--the Nexus and Uberparadox always make life interesting, and the game really ought to have some events of that flavor.

But I'm afraid that nobody who lives on the Moon *ever* calls it Luna....  ;)