Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

RE: [Chrononauts] RE: CHONONAUTS 24C--FUTUREBOY

  • From"Robert Potter" <oldestgc86@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 05 Jul 2006 19:42:04 -0500
That's the thing about Futureboy. I allowed him unlimited range for a reason. Imagine this, you use him to cancel out all your opponent's actions, but you end up using up your whole hand. What now? There's nothing left to do except take what comes out of the deck willy-nilly. With Futureboy, you have to restrain yourself, or you will be SOL.

From: "Nicholas Roche" <njr75003@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <chrononauts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrononauts] RE: CHONONAUTS 24C--FUTUREBOY
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 10:32:24 -0400

A suggestion. FUTUREBOY is a little TOO powerful to allow ANY card to act as
a Memo. I'd personally limit it to either just other Timewarp cards, or
possibly Timewarp and Action cards. Either that, or--as any proper
Gadget--limit to one usage per turn. In this case, one usage BETWEEN turns.
Otherwise, a player could use it up to THREE times per loop of the gameplay
(more to counteract FAST FORWARD plays).

_NJR_ Otherwise, very cool!