Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

[Chrononauts] Looney Labs Advertisement idea - Chrononauts, John Lennon

  • FromRuth Levenstein <RuthEllen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 11 Jul 2006 17:35:35 -0500
Hello,

I am Kristin's sister and I live in Austin Texas. The movie "The US vs. John Lennon" is scheduled to be released on September 15th. (I think - could be Oct 8)

In Austin we have 4 movie theaters called the Alamo Draft House (and 3 outside of Austin.) They are different than any movie theater experience you've had. At the Alamo, you can order food and beer during the movie but more importantly before the movie begins they show random background video clips. (Old cartoons, bits of obscure movies and documentaries, old comertials ...) Often these clips have been chosen to be thematically related to the content or genre of the movie they precede.

My idea: Produce a video of Andy Looney of Looney Laboratories being interviewed about Chrononauts. Something like this: "Andy Looney, the inventor of Chrononauts discusses his time travel game." "What if John Lennon's life had not been so trajically cut short? ... Include all the material about John Lennon from the "Mysteries of the Timeline" webpage. (Questions 8,9 and 10) Send this to the Alamo so they can use whatever bits of it they choose as part of their beginning videos preceding the John Lennon movie. Use the video in various other creative ways and other places to take advantage of the John Lennon hype created by the movie release. (If you make such a video, I volunteer to bring it in on an open screen night at the Alamo. If it gets chosen and it's 8 minutes or less, they will see the whole thing - well, if it doesn't get gonged!.)

Thanks,

Ruth
At the Alamo, quirky rules.  High quality is less important.

Some Links:
Alamo Drafthouse: http://www.originalalamo.com/downtown/frames.asp?b=../downtown/menu.html Open Screen Night: http://www.originalalamo.com/downtown/frames.asp?b=/online_tix/show_details.asp?show_id=557
The US vs. John Lennon:  http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809233930/info

--
"If only gay sex caused global warming"

http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/sgw_marcher.asp?572020

Pay the equivalent of 75 cents per gallon gas prices!

http://www.pluginpartners.org/plugInHybrids/economicBenefits.cfm