Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] 10th Anniversary planning?

  • FromTyler Dion <tfdion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 2 Feb 2009 19:32:43 -0500
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 7:16 PM, Dogai Dragon <bakafluxx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wanted to request a specific ID based off of the Doctor (Doctor Who) whose
> goal would require something along the lines of "no paradoxes" and perhaps
> fixed points in the timeline, but I don't know if it would be possible to
> make an ID like that if it would cause copyright issues or something of the
> like.

Steve Jackson Games got away with inserting Doctor^7, a dean with a
time-traveling port-a-loo, in their book GURPS Illuminati University,
so something sufficiently in the realm of satire could probably be
done for Chrononauts -- after all, look at Tiberius from Lost
Identities.

A goal for the Doctor would be tricky. No paradoxes is the natural
state of the timeline, so there'd have to be something further to keep
that identity from winning on the first turn if no one else flipped
any ripple points. What about "repair X paradoxes"? It would keep with
the Doctor's duty as a Time Lord to preserve history. It would also,
unfortunately, require that player to keep a mental count of how many
paradoxes they repair.

Tyler