Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

[Eco] 2 event annoucements

  • From"Maria P" <mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 4 Apr 2008 09:14:06 -0400
Hey!  Hope everyone is doing well & gearing up for Earth Day!  I wanted to make you guys aware of 2 events in the Chattanooga, TN area (in case any of you are local enough to attend).    Remember, together, we CAN make a difference!  Thanks & Happy Earth Day!!  :) ---Maria  :)

1)
MAYOR RON LITTLEFIELD
AND THE CHATTANOOGA GREEN COMMITTEE
INVITE YOU TO A
CHATTANOOGA GREEN
PUBLIC INPUT MEETING
Please join us and share Your knowledge, CONCERNS AND
HOPES for Chattanooga's Environment.  Bring your ideas about conservation, transportation, natural resources,
recycling, air quality, education ,energy, water and other environmental issues.

THURSDAY APRIL 24, 2008
6:30 PM TO 8:30 PM
CHATTANOOGAN MAIN BALLROOM
RSVP TO (423) 648-7353

Help us spread the word by passing this invitation along.

Invite your Friends, Family and Coworkers

2)

The Chataugua Area Girl Scouts (Red Bank, Hixson & N Chattanooga) are hosting an Earth Day Extravaganza at St Jude's School (930 Ashland Terrace) in Chattanooga, TN (actually Red Bank) from 2-5PM on Sunday, April 20th, 2008.

This event is free, open to the public.

The goal is to help make more people aware of what environmentally friendly goods & services are available in the area and to open eyes to some problems & solutions that affect our earth today.  There will be activities & games, learning stations on environmental issues, "green" business & organization booths, a service project & so much more!

We are extending an invitation to area "green" businesses & organizations to come & set up a booth at our event.  There is no cost to you, except a little time & effort.  :)  If you know of a "green" business or environmental organization that would like to be part of this event, please forward my information or contact me.   :)

I'd love to see you there!  Thanks & have a great day!

Sincerely,
Maria Price
mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx
757-812-8771 cell

--
I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult. - EB White
To err is human, to sleep past noon, divine. -Lars