Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Eco] Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Get Sued

  • From"Maria P" <mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 26 Mar 2008 16:25:38 -0400
Go watch The Story Of Stuff at storyofstuff.com & there's tons of arguments right there!  ..and it's a very well done video that everyone should watch!  :)  Makes ya think!  --Maria

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008, at 03:32PM, "Maria P" <mudpuppy1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Brilliant, and canceled.  Apparently the county board of directors decided
>> to cancel this service.  Now I'll have to pay for an all-you-can-trash
>> weekly service that will encourage me to be apathetic about my household
>> trash output. :(
>
>BOO!  Wonder what the reasoning was?  Not enough participation?  Too much
>trouble?   Lazy?  *sigh*

Oh! I got some better info.  The people at the office that sells me the tags to put on my can told me it got canceled.  So I called to complain and find out WHY it got canceled and they told me that "Oh, it hasn't been, yet.  The Board of Supervisors meets on April 9th to discuss canceling it."

Well!  That means I can go and tell them NOT to cancel it.  I don't know what kind of tax funding this service requires, but I need to make sure I have good arguments to present for the continuation of this service.

Help me think of talking points, folks.  I don't want my county to get rid of the only trash service available that encourages less trash!