Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] new member

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 29 May 2006 10:45:03 -0500
Welcome to the list Steven!

We are right now developing something for teachers to show how our
games can fit into their classrooms - teaching and reinforcing
concepts.  I'm intrigued by your comment, that we need to "make the
case for the advantages that games provide, if any, over other
instructional tools, methods, etc."

I'd love to start a list of those now and have people add on -  what
do you say to these folks??

- games provide a fun environment - (can we find research that shows
learning by fun stays w/ someone longer than learning by rote??)

- students are both teacher and student in game play - (there's plenty
of research showing that if you teach someone a concept, you retain it
longer yourself)

- creativity, whole-brain thinking, multi-modal learning all lead to
longer lasting learning.

-
-

what else can we add to this list folks??

Carol