Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu]State vs National standards

  • From"Pat Fuge - Gnome Games" <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 30 May 2006 12:51:14 +0000

I agree with Laurie - each game should have a way to relate to every specific state that there are standards for so that teachers can grab and play and ensure the games meet their state standards, allow them to improve their students benchmark performance etc.

But this is a monumental task - 49 states per game with ever-changing verbage can be more than a full time job.  (Iowa doesn't have standards yet as that is a local government responsibility)

Perhaps there is a way that someone in each state can work backwards to LL to help you guys out?  I know we do lesson plans for many of the games already but they are WI specific.

Pat Fuge

Gnome Games

(920) 499-4263