Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

[Edu] Back from Origins (A Big Thank You!)

  • From"Juanpablo Amado" <cardzmaster2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 08 Jul 2006 21:09:10 -0400
Hi all,

This is Johnpaul; I helped demo at the Friday session of "Looney for Learning". I honestly was there more to learn from what you all have been doing over the past few years incorporating these games into the classroom so that I could, as a future educator, integrate these great games more easily into the curriculum. Thanks so much for the opportunity to help out and learn so much at the same time.

On another note, I really latched onto what you were saying about using "NanoFictionary" in the classroom. My mom is a second grade teacehr and has been telling me about how she can't really get her students interrested in the Language Arts lessons she's teaching and has been complaining over the past year about the new restrictions and guidelines the school system has put on her and given her no hints as to how to impliment all the requirements. I showed her Nano Fictionary after buying it this year at Origins and she loves it! I've already got her ready to buy a copy when I buy my last few stashes of Icehouse pyramids in a couple weeks. Thanks so much to Carol and everyone else at that session for showing me how to use this great game in the classroom.

Johnpaul Adams.