Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

[Edu] Origins/games

  • FromJoyce Kreuter <jkreuter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 12 Jul 2006 08:20:33 -0400
Hi Kimberly!

I'm so glad (and also very jealous) that you enjoyed Origins. I went last year and I had a blast. You have chosen the same games as I did for my 4th and 5th grade classroom - Eco Fluxx and Nanofictionary, and just last week I learned Chrononauts. I'll need to wait all the way until the 2007 school year to play Chrononauts during the school day, as this year we are discussing European and Asian Middle Ages, but I am considering an after school club with a variety of games. During the regular school day we haven't had time to play an entire game of Nanofictionary, but I have used the crazy situations for story starters for kids who just couldn't think what to write. I also used the cards to reinforce the idea of story elements of character, plot and setting - the kids attended to them because it was game-like, colorful and fun. Regular Fluxx is a rainy recess favorite, although we often don't get to finish. Welcome.

Sincerely,
Joyce Kreuter