Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Adjusted some cards

  • From"A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 23 Nov 2005 22:46:08 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laurie Menke
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 9:17 AM
To: Fluxx Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Fluxx] Adjusted some cards

> I'm not sure the Fluxx experience needs streamlining.
> I sort of enjoy the little discussions that break out if there's confusion
about a card...I would call THAT the Fluxx experience myself.  :o)

Well, as they say, YMMV.
The group I play with is all about clarity and accuracy - if there's any
confusion about how a card or rule works, we stop the game until we can
agree on the "most correct" meaning, then we usually write down the meaning
for future reference until it's confirmed (or denied) by the game's author
and the card or rule is changed to reflect the author's ruling.

> > Everybody Gets 1 - Set your hand aside. Draw (number of players) x 1
cards. Put 1 of these cards into each player's hand. Pick up your hand.

> But if what you're going for is total clarity in order to avoid such
discussions, then you may want to state on Everybody Gets 1 whether or not
you get to look at the cards and/or choose who gets which card.

OK, how about if I word it like this?
Everybody Gets 1 - Set your hand aside. Draw (number of players) x 1 cards,
look at them, and put 1 of these cards into each player's hand. Pick up your
hand.