Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Hablas Espanol?

  • Fromarcher@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateFri, 24 Feb 2006 19:24:17 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Luisa wrote:

Hello Fluxx Fans!

Looney Labs is going to be coming out with a new version of Fluxx soon... Fluxx Español - and I have been working on the translation.

As usual, we want to get as much feedback from our fans as we can!

Fluxx fans who speak Spanish:

We would in particular like comments on 2 specific translations,

1) There will be a "New Rule" card which in English is called "Party Bonus". We have translated it to "Ventaja de Fiesta". Any comments?

2) There will be a "Goal" called "All you need is love", just like in regular Fluxx. We have translated it to "Todo lo que necesitas es Amor", but some people also like "Sólo necesitas amor". What do you guys think?

I would have thought "Sólo se necesita amor". Is there a reason that one wasn't used? My Spanish is pretty rusty, to be truthful, but doesn't "All you need is love" equate idiomatically to "All one needs is love"?

Does anyone know if there was ever a Spanish version of the song, and if so how it was translated there?

--
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx