Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Hablas Espanol?

  • From"Rosa Contreras" <minniedaisy_love2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 25 Feb 2006 01:25:06 -0800
Hello Elliott,

about the translation for "All you need is love," I think both are correct, the thing is the first translation, "todo lo que necesitas es amor," is the correct direct translation but I like the second translation, "solo necesitas amor," because it's more concise and it sounds better.

I would love it if Fluxx was translated into spanish! I would buy it! that way my whole family would be able to play it, I am Mexican-American and my parents only speak spanish. Yay for Fluxx, continue with the great work!

Rosa Contreras

Luisa wrote:
2) There will be a "Goal" called "All you need is love", just like in regular Fluxx. We have translated it to "Todo lo que necesitas es Amor", but some people also like "Sólo necesitas amor". What do you guys think?

Actually, while it's nice to try to translate the game fully into Spanish,
it's quite possible that "All you need is love" is comprehensible to native
Spanish speakers. The Beatles are quite famous, you know. =^>

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans                              eeyore@xxxxxxxx