Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Custom Goals?

  • FromMichael Shanley <postgoop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 15 May 2006 00:08:27 -0400

I'd find the first two of your suggestions very difficult to play with. I dislike "insta-win" types of cards.

I personally dislike insta-wins too, but mainly because my group would prefer that a game of fluxx was infinite. It's the joy of getting to the goal, and the weird periods of working around bizarre rules, wondering if you're still playing the same game you started an hour ago, that we like best.

However, I like Mr. (or Miss?) Mattison's suggestions for their differentness. "Silence is Golden" is actually the "Nihilism" Goal in my game and works surprisingly well. I might change "10 Rules" to say "Flip all the new Rules over. The next person to follow them all without being reminded by other players wins." but purely because of our style of play.

I think that his cards are a little less insta-win than they seem, because in order to play them, you've got to play 2 cards at the same time... which is just like how most people play "All you need is love" and "Love" and "10 Cards." Hell, it's how I play EVERY goal when I'm trying to win (with 1 or both keepers with it). Besides, with "10 Rules" there's some work involved in getting to the 10 Rule mark, let alone getting past it... Just keep it away from "Pandora's box" (or "Brooklyn College Bureaucracy" as it's called in my deck ;-).

--
-Mike