Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Fluxx Variation: SpeedFluxx?

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 25 Jan 2007 23:05:06 +0000
Alan A. wrote:
> Fluxx plus "Instants" plus a five-second play clock would cease to be
> Fluxx.  It would become chaos.  I, for one, would not play it.  For
> me, part of the appeal of Fluxx is that you don't have to think much
> (or even pay much attention) when it's not your turn.
>
> SpeedFluxx is not for me.

I respect your right to decide what games you think will be fun
for you and only play those games, and I understand your concerns.
I agree that SpeedFluxx would be a very different game, but I
disagree that it would become chaos.

I'm a fan of other turnless games such as "Icehouse", "IceTowers",
"Set", and James Ernest's "Falling". While some of those games can
be somewhat chao*tic*, the rules are constraining enough to keep
the game from descending into utter chaos.

The same may be true of SpeedFluxx. I can't say for sure until I
try it. (You still don't have to play it =^)

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx