Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] Re: Fluxx Variation: SpeedFluxx? (Austin Muhlestein)

  • From"Austin Muhlestein" <horowits@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 26 Jan 2007 11:32:50 -0700
S Mattison
For all the people who want to break the game with "Instants", how
about: SpeedFluxx?

It's definitely not a game for Fluxx Newbies... In this version of the
game, instant cards are allowed, and in fact, all Actions become
Instants as well. In addition to that, each player has a total of five
seconds to take his or her turn. No organizing cards. No thinking.
Just play.
The chaos that would ensue with "Optical Illusion" being in play, in
such a game, would be amusing to see!

This is a very amusing idea. I have been thinking a lot about instant actions and things you can do on other peoples turn. I will have to play it and see how it works. Right now my thought of the game are also leaning towards what Alan wrote...

Fluxx plus "Instants" plus a five-second play clock would cease to be
Fluxx.  It would become chaos.  I, for one, would not play it.  For
me, part of the appeal of Fluxx is that you don't have to think much
(or even pay much attention) when it's not your turn.

But like i said I have been juggling this idea around my head for a while, so I can't wait to see how it plays out. But 1 question.

'instant cards are allowed, and in fact, all Actions become instants as well' How exactly would this work?

Austin

Check out all that glitters with the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2